How were municipalities and providers trained to use NYEIS?
Beginning September 2010 and ending September 2011, each municipality across NYS was scheduled for incremental training and launch of NYEIS. Each month, scheduled municipal staff received a 3 full day hands-on training and selected contracted provider staff received a 2 full day hands-on training. Additionally, 2 days of live instructor-led demonstration provider webinars were held during each month for those unable to participate in hands-on training.
What information was covered in the live provider demonstration webinar training sessions?
The live provider webinar training sessions were divided into four 2 ˝ - 3 hour sessions each covering a specific area of NYEIS functionality.
Session 1: Navigation/Referrals/Case Management
Session 2: Evaluations
Session 3: IFSP and Service Authorizations
Session 4: Provider Financials
Other than the hands-on training and webinars are there any other NYEIS training opportunities available?
The New York Early Intervention System (NYEIS) Learning Management System (LMSnet) is an online educational tool developed by CMA Consulting Services that provides access to the NYEIS online tutorials and the NYEIS user manual. Users do not need an active Health Commerce System (HCS) Account to access LMSnet; however in order to access LMSnet users must first be registered.
Approximately 6 weeks prior to their launch increment, each municipality received directions on how users were able to self-register to access LMSnet. When self-registering, each LMSnet user selects the role that they believe they will have when loaded as a user into the NYEIS application. This role defines a training plan with recommended online tutorials that the user can view to assist in their NYEIS training. Online tutorials that are available in LMSnet but that do not appear in a training plan can still be viewed.
Want to view more information on LMSnet Quick Guide? Click here.
Click icon if you want to view more information on LMSnet Quick Guide
Click icon for an introduction to NYEIS LMSnet training
Click icon if your are Not registered for LMSnet and for self-registration instructions.
Click icon for LMSnet Frequently Asked Questions.
Online Tutorials – Approximately 50 computer based online training tutorials have been developed. Each tutorial focuses on an aspect of NYEIS functionality and is designed to assist users with their NYEIS training.
User Manual (UM) – The NYEIS User Manual is available in electronic format both on the Health Commerce System (HCS) and in LMSnet. The UM is updated on a periodic basis to include NYEIS system design changes.
To access the UM on the HCS:
- Log-in to the HCS
- Click on the "documents" tab at the top of the page
- Click on the link for your appropriate group from the My Groups section (e.g., LHD, Health Care)
- Click on the link "Family and Community Health" from the Document Groups section
- Click on the link "Early Intervention" from the Document Groups section
- Click on the link "NYEIS" from the Document Groups section
- Click on the link "NYEIS User Manual" from the Document Groups section
- Click on the link for the Unit of the UM you would like to view
Users may also click on "Add this Folder to Favorites” on the upper right hand part of page and the UM will be added to their favorites.
To access the UM in LMSnet:
- Log-in to LMSnet
- From the top tab under "courses", select "Media Library"
- From the left hand navigation under "media categories" click on the link for the NYEIS User manual
- Click on the arrow in the in the view column next to the Unit you want to view
- The unit of the UM downloads and opens
Recorded Webinars - Four of the previously delivered NYEIS provider webinars have been recorded and are available for viewing on the DOH Webex site. In addition, six municipal webinars were recently recorded and will be available on the DOH webex site within the next several weeks. Want to view the recorded NYEIS webinars?
Click here for for the directions to access the webinars.
When will my municipality begin using NYEIS?
As of October 1, 2011, all municipalities (including the 5 boroughs of NYC) except Westchester and Suffolk have begun using NYEIS. The 2 remaining municipalities are scheduled to launch use of NYEIS on November 1, 2011.
How can I get help using NYEIS after I have launched?
The NYEIS Help Desk is being operated by the System Integrator, CMA Consulting Services, and the Help Desk can be reached by phone or e-mail. Hours of operation are:
Mon - Fri, 8:00 - 5:00, voicemail is available after hours.
Already Using NYEIS?
The Following Resources may be of Assistance
How do I access NYEIS Production?
1. Log in to the Health Commerce System (HCS) at https://commerce.health.state.ny.us with your HIN or HPN UserID and password. We recommend you bookmark the HCS web page for future use.
2. First Log In ONLY: Look at your My Applications list on the left side of the HCS home page. If NYEIS Production is not listed there, select the Applications tab from the top menu bar. Select the letter “N” tab in the browse by section. Locate NYEIS (New York Early Intervention System) Production and click on the green circle with the plus sign on the right. You will be brought back to your HCS home page and NYEIS - Production will now be in your My Applications list.
3. Select NYEIS - Production from your My Applications list and click on the Login button.
4. When you've finished accessing NYEIS Production, click Log Out on the right of the top menu bar, click Log out on the next web page, click Close (the web page remains after clicking Close), and then click Logout on the HCS home page top menu bar.
5. If you use your web browser for functions other than NYEIS, you can have NYEIS appear in a new web browser by right clicking on NYEIS - Production under My Applications and selecting Open in New Window in the pop-up menu that will appear. This will start NYEIS in a new browser, leaving your current browser as it was. We recommend you use this approach.
Please Note: Only users that have been loaded into NYEIS production will be allowed access. If you do not have access to NYEIS production and think you should, please contact the NYEIS Help Desk for assistance.